1/09/2014

Tata

Tata and its Ramsar site is undeniably urbanized. I can not show it with numbers but as far as I know because of the heavy industry nearby at Tatabánya, the waterquality was quite bad for years and it is still polluted.
This does not have such a negative impact on the wildlife, even it seems to serve as a perfect wintering place for wild geese and other waterfowl species.
In November there is a huge festival (http://www.vadludsokadalom.hu/videok.html) built around the natural event of geese flying in formation.




Tata has a great history and I heard of a place near the lake where one must buy a hot chocolat but I missed as I did not want to miss the big thing, so the famous flying in formation of the flocks.


Here we are at the lake. This pic came out really well, although I did not have the professional equipment. So the lake's shore is mostly surrounded by artificial concrete wall which functions as a fence too. The water level was low as the lake's bed was visible for some extent.



This is the point where I started to feel a bit strange about the whole thing as people started to flow in bigger and bigger groups towards the lake. I have suddenly noticed the official festival and one of my eyes was crying and the other one was happy. There were so many people there, I must say I could not tell if there were more geese coming in by twilight or more people wathing the birds coming in to rest after a long day.








No comments:

Post a Comment