4/20/2014

Pusztaszer

I only partly explored this Ramsar area. I arrived by car from Kiskunfélegyháza, passing through Tömörkény. I found an entry just after leaving the town bord of Csanytelek. It is also possible to come here by coach from the bus station of Szeged. 




There was a barrier but I could pass through. Actually the lake I walked around is probably a fishing lake. Lake Csaj, is pretty famous of its bird fauna and this is the one next to the lake I was exploring. There was plenty of wildfowl and bird of prey as well. Birds were timid and flew away straight away as they heard me.




Urtica diocica - Common nettle






It was easy to walk here. I also heard about a photo hide in the middle of the lake but I did not have time to go there. Probably next time!






The water level is artificially regulated I believe. This time of the year it was seemingly quite high.




Birds are laying eggs at this time and for some, chick are already could be hatched.




I have seen:
  1. Vanellus vanellus - Lapwing
  2. Anser anser - Greyleg goose
  3. Egretta alba - Great Egret
  4. Anas platyrchynchos - Mallard
  5. Fulica atra - Coot



No comments:

Post a Comment